Old December 7th 03, 09:17 PM
Eric Bustad

Kosovo is using the Euro. They are not authorized to issue their own
Euro notes, so presumably they import currency from the EU. See
http://www.bpk-kos.org/english/currency.htm for more info.

= Eric

A.E. Gelat wrote:
The original question was about Kosovo,which is NOT Bosnia. What is the
currency in use in Kosovo?

Tony

"Eric Bustad" wrote in message

Bosnia's currency is called the "Convertible Marka" (abbr. KM), which is
divided into 100 "Convertible Pfeniga". There are links to images of
the notes at http://www.banknotes.com/ba.htm. Originally these could
be converted by the Central Bank to DM one to one. Now they are
convertable to Euros at the DM:Euro rate 1:0.51129. The Central Bank's
website is at http://www.cbbh.gov.ba/. The lastest stamps listed on
their PO's site http://www.bhp.ba/ are all in this currency.

= Eric

LN in DC wrote:

You're welcome - any idea, however on what currency Bosnia is now
using? They've not issued stamps in Euros, as far as I know, and
every reference place I look, I still see the nonexistent German mark
is legal tender there (spelled in local parlance, however). Where are
they getting new banknotes?

Regards
Len
.

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:21:13 -0800, Eric Bustad
wrote:

Thanks Len!

LN in DC wrote:

On Nov 12, 2001, there was a new set of 5 dual denominated DM & Euro.
In 2002, there was a third set in Euros only.

Regards
Len Nadybal

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:38:01 -0800, Eric Bustad
wrote:

Can anyone here tell me if any stamps have been issued for Kosovo since
the UNMIK set of 5 in 2000? These were denominated in DM, but Kosovo
seems to use the euro now.

= Eric