Old November 27th 03, 02:23 PM
Ric Burney

Stujoe wrote in message et...
Wes Chormicle spoke thusly...

"Bob Peterson" wrote

did they catch the guy that done it?

Nobody arrested yet, but before he died (alone in the store) he was able to
call 911 and give a description of the robber. He also asked that they call
his wife and tell her that he loved her..

Very sad. I ran across (and posted) the news story when I was searching
for news for my site. Like John, I hope they catch and deal with the
individual very soon.

Now would be an excellent time for a list of what was known taken to
be put in a regional / national database that dealers and collectors
alike could access. If any of the readily identifiable pieces shows
up anywhere, it may lead to the killer.
With all the other advancements made in forensic sciences you'd think
we would have something like that by now.
Sure, the list of missing stuff is circulated through the crime
databases now (pawn records, local dealers etc.) but what about 6
months or a year down the road when some of this stuff possibly floats
through a show somewhere.
It would be nice to have a notebook on the back table to do a quick
compare on something that seems odd or familiar instead of having to
wait for the local authorities to dig up a pic for you to match (ever
watch paint dry?).
I certainly hope the *$#@% that did this gets what's coming to him!