Old November 7th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Don't feed the trolls! Was: Offering snip

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" found these unused words:

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
. ..
520520 found these unused words:

I am seeking cooperator, snip
We would be happy to handle snip

I haven't seen the posting from 520520. Was it posted on RCSD or is it
also
a part of the joke?

Yes it was posted or there would not be a reference to the message (open
your headers fully), nor would my response include the 520520 line.

I chose to be a bit humerous rather than your style of bashing over the
head, hoping the poster would use the groups appropriately. sigh

Yes indeed, 520520 (a nice, trustful name!) posted it in RCSD on Nov. 6.
Just to mention that without your answer I had never seen it, something that
I wouldn't regret.

I suppose that my newsserver filters out somehow such postings, this one
being posted to over 80 newsgroups, a fact that I have learned through
groups.google.com.

IMO, using humor against trolls is counterproductive, because by citing them
in answers, their postings are just multiplied. For sure someone who posted
in so many newsgroups doesn't see this humor, and even if he notice it by
chance, he just ignore it. That's why the golden rule "Don't feed the
trolls!" is always valid.

Neither is humor useful in other (non-trolls) cases, the best behavior being
to explain to the posters why they are wrong, and what should they do.

As for my alleged "style of bashing over the head", either the trolls or the
others, you are wrong, Sir, and this posting should prove it.

--
Victor Manta