Old June 1st 05, 03:42 PM
tanner520

Think whatever you want about circulation vs popularity for the dollar
coins like the SBA and Sack. Circulation was not my point and
irrelevant to this thread. Popularity and "winning over the public so
we can get rid of the dollar bill" was my point. In order to win the
hearts of John Q. there will need to be something better in his mind
than his beloved and coveted paper dollar bill.

Generalization? Of course we're talking in generalizations. That still
doesn't change what I said. The perseption of the public overall is
that we don't have a dollar coin currently. Need proof? Take an Ike
and a Sack silver dollar in each hand and come up to a regular Joe/Jane
and ask them which, if any, is real. 80% of the people will only say
the Ike only. Hell, most people still ask me "Is that a real coin?"
when I spend Sacks. We all know the looks you get.