Old March 12th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default 2009 American Silver Eagle Proofs & Lincoln Commemorative

"PC" wrote in message
On Mar 12, 7:03 am, "mazorj" wrote:

If you mean the Lincoln $1 silver proofs, I got my 3 last
week, others got them even earlier.

Damn! I ordered my within MINUTES of them going on sale. They
still
have not shipped. Sheesh.

I ordered on 2/13/09, they shipped 2/26/09, arrived 3/3/09.

I have a standing subscription for 3 AES $1 every year so I
don't worry about getting my order in. If the Mint does it
rationally - not a foregone conclusion - subscription orders
ought to be filled first.

Yes that would make sense... but we are talking about the US Mint
;-)

I think the Mint is just following a Congressional mandate, but
where's the logic in giving priority allocation of AES planchets to
common bullion coin production when they can turn a pretty penny for
the Treasury by diverting a few hundred thousand of the current stock
to proofs and uncirculateds for collectors? Yes, they were originally
intended to be bullion products, but still...