Old November 25th 08, 06:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
CryptKeeper

Default Rock-ola 454 Question

On Nov 23, 11:47 pm, angel-care wrote:
On Nov 23, 4:45 am, "

wrote:
Yes it can be done. The device needed, that we use is called a "JBS
audio activated speaker switch" and is available from Amusements Plus
in NY.

http://www.amusementsplus.com/

I didn't see anything about that device on that web page or after
doing a google search.

Let me reprase my question. Please note that the juke was made in the
mid 70's and other rock-ola's used this same amp. On the amp there is
a section that lets someone install a microphone kit (I think, as I
not looked at it in a while). I need to know what pins go to audio,
Ground, and mute relay. Then how would I wire it so that I can turn
the mute off and on via a togle switch or some other means? If there
is another way to add external audio that is more simple, then what is
it and where can I get it?

Thanks for any help,
David

David,

The switch is not listed on the website. You have to call and ask for
it.

Here is a description and pic that I found on Ebay. Although ended,
the info is there.

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/Jukebox-Spea...tivated-JBS-br...

Am also interesting in doing the same thing......connecting an Ipod to
my Rockola 454. I contacted this site http://www.audionicsinc.com/
about using a "JBS
audio activated speaker switch" that was referenced on the forum and
was told it would not work for what I was trying to do. Any other
advice connecting to the mic\aux.