Old February 28th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Roycroft Christmas Carol- Value

"fundoc" wrote in news:HSXMf.30055$Zl1.26726
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

"Raja" wrote in message
"fundoc" wrote in
news

"Ted Jones" wrote in message

Every year, for the past eight or nine years, I gave my girlfriend

[...]

I am as sentimental as the next person (more so probably)

If you're so sentimental, how come you haven't made an honest woman of
this poor girl after nearly ten years. Bounder.

I am only guilty of attempted matrimony. She said no. So I remain in
this moral morass. Condemned to perpetually purchasing "Christmas
Carol"s

Perhaps next year you should get her a copy of Great Expectations.

Already Done and bedore you ask, copies of Bleak House, Hard Times, The
Battle of Life, A Flight, Frozen Deep, The Haunted Man, Holiday Romance,
Hunted Down and The Long Voyage. Unfortunately they were all ensconced
within the complete set of the Gadshill Edition I gave her one Christmas.
The postage was rather impressive as a remember.