Old April 23rd 13, 07:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gandalf_le_gris

Default A contemporary USPS postmark

the same, but just more light :

http://cjoint.com/?0DxuRMIwc2y

perhaps the postal employee was shy ?

rgds

--
gandalf_le_gris

Pour me joindre =
a) désintégrer NOpub et NOspam
b) et colorier de la bonne teinte

"Sir F.A. Rien" a écrit dans le message de
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:14:34 -0400, "Victor Manta"
I received recently on a letter the following stamp with a postmark on it
and beyond:
http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/u...l-usa-2013.jpg
What can we learn from this forever postmark, placed on a forever stamp?

We can 'learn' that the vaunted automating and facing cancelling
system is far less than properly operational. That it misses about 1
in 20, with many envelopes escaping even the carrier's pen cancel.
Thankfully [???] this is far less than many with a 'magic marker'
slash!