Old February 6th 13, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default ANA Sued by former Executive Director Larry Shepherd

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:07:02 PM UTC-6, bremick wrote:
"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message ... bremick wrote: "RyAnne Scott" wrote in message ... COLORADO SPRINGS, CO - The American Numismatic Association was recently served with a lawsuit by former Executive Director Larry Shepherd. There is no merit to any of the allegations contained in the lawsuit, and it will be vigorously defended. The ANA will make no further comment with regard to this pending litigation. The ANA is being represented by attorney Jody Moran of Jackson Lewis, LLP. Any inquiries should be directed solely to Moran. ----------- What is it about the ANA that seems to attract more litigation than most any other hobby group. Does ANA have any significant bang for the buck for the average collector anymore? Are you a member of the ANA? JAM ------------- No sir! That's why I asked why the average collector would want to be.

I am ANA 35 years now (however, I do need to send in my dues for 2013).

ANA is what you make of it. It is a magazine subscription, a top notch annual coin show, a summer seminar (nice hobby vacation experience) and the ANA enforces a weakish control over the ethics of commercial coin dealers - as a coin dealer, people MOL expect you to be ANA and if somehow you get thrown out, then you must be very damn questionable. That said, very few people ever get thrown out. And that's what the ANA is. Membership $46 p.a., take it or leave it.

oly