Old March 16th 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Paul G

Default Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

....there's probably a few drops stuck in that wonderful wet feed on the
1000
regards,
pelikanyo paul

"j. fabian" wrote in message
In article ,
"LarryW" wrote:

"Stephen Hust" wrote in message
"LarryW" wrote:

If I draw ink v e r y s l o w l y, my M1000 will release up
to 20 drops, but the average is more like 17. For such a large
capacity barrel, wouldn't it seem to hold more? [...]

Here's a list of some pens and their ink capacity:

http://www.nibs.com/pen_measures/

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.

^-cute-^
This doesn't say anything about how many drops of ink it will hold.
It
does measure an air space. Does anyone have a 1000?

-LarryW

In John's own words (at the bottom of the pen_measures page):

"Ink capacity: Tip size, paper and personal ink flow preferences
effect
the amount of ink used. A small capacity, fine point pen used on
moleskin paper may write for longer than a large capacity, broad point
pen used on a napkin."

If you sort his table by ink capacity it turns up some interesting
items: the M1000 not only holds less ink than a MB 149 (not so
surprising given the 149's girth) but also less than the old-style and
new-style OMAS Paragons.

That being said, I have a Pelikan M1000 with an Oblique Medium nib.
After filling it with _water_ (it isn't in my current rotation), it
produces 15 very large drops. "Very large" is not an exact quantity. I
have never thought it lacking in capacity.

j f

--
well, it looked good on paper