Old July 25th 03, 07:39 AM
Don Lanway

Pinbank Seeburgs don't replace the last record played, they just stop as
soon as the record is unclamped. Later tormat systems do replace the last
record and scan to an at rest position...

The rest of your questions, I'll leave to better minds...

Don

"Bernie" wrote in message
om...
Having been a 78rpm Wurli man for many years, I finally got tired of
looking at all my 45rpms sitting around that didn't have a juke to be
played in. I thought that for a first 45rpm model there's nothing
better than a Seeburg 100C. So I got one. The cabinet was restored and
the mech was supposed to be restored too. I'm not to sure. Here's a
couple question that I have for you guys.

-When you play a single record, nothing waiting to be played, when the
record is done it won't reset it self into the record storage rack.
Does this have something to do with the cam relay on the carriage?
Otherwise it plays fine with multiple selections waiting. It's only
the last one that won't reset itself.

-The A side plays perfectly. But the B side tends to skip all the
records. After reading the manual about it. It appears to be the
tension is too high and wants to pull the stylus back to the
beginning. Am I correct? Is that adjustment have to do with the two
springs on either side of the tone arm?

-It seems that every selection that I played, played perfectly, except
for A1. It can only be two things, in the selector (corrosion) or the
solenoid. The pin doesn't move and doesn't start that motor. When I
flick it by hand. It starts and plays. Any thoughts? I haven't played
them all, I'm sure this isn't the only one that's gonna do that. With
that, I was reading about testing all 100 solenoids. What is the best
way to do that?

-My rejector button is missing from the back but the contacts are
still in the cabinet and still works. What was the original button and
is it something that can be made or bought? It looks as if it was very
primitive.

-Color changers. What do you do to make them quite? It squeals when it
turns and the motor is quite loud.

Any help or suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again

Bernie

---