Old April 20th 12, 10:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

Default Translation from Hungarian, please

Ο "gogu" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
? "Pedro" ?????? ??? ??????
I usually cut stripes horizontally or a bigger mount in both directions
to fit the stamp dimensions

Well, I figured it this way:
since I think I'll opt for black masks open in 3 directions, I believe
that I should buy a strip with the right height (so the bottom is the
"closed" side) for the "unusual" stamp and then cut the strip as long as
it needs in order to host correctly the horizontal dimension of the stamp.
Question: when the pre-cut masks say for example "35x35mm" and my stamp
has the exact same dimensions, are the real dimensions of the mask a
little larger (let's say 35,4x35,4mm) in order to protect the edges of the
stamp?...

I found this on Leuchtturm site, I suppose it answers my question:
"...LIGHTHOUSE pre-cut SF mounts. For most standard sizes. Please note: the
size of the mount is cut 4 mm larger than the actual stamp for that nice
"centred" look. The sizes listed in the chart represent the size of the
stamp. You do not need to add extra margin...".
Is it the same with Prinz, Hawid, Showgard, etc?
And BTW, what would be the best company (quality) among the three?

tnx

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html