Old June 15th 11, 11:33 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
On Jun 13, 9:12*am, Alan Hood
wrote:
Klickit;685769 Wrote:

Anyone have a known good one they are willing to sell? *PN is
302-05193.

Hello,

You can use any turntable motor from any of the 1100 mechanisms from the
1963 Model L through to the 1976 R-80 and the1200 mechanisms from
1976/77 R-80S through to 1979 R-83.

If you get stuck I could supply a good used one, but I am in the UK.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

--
Alan Hood

Thanks Alan, that's good information to know. I did manage to get one
at jukeboxparts.com. Paid $75 for it. Seemed like a fair price to
me. Just hope it fixes my problem. The speed is slightly slow and
has a slight wow. I opened it up and two of the coils had hot spots
where the varnish was burned off and a few of the wires shorted
together. I replaced the idler wheel and it made no difference even
though it had some nicks in it. Do you think I am on the right track?
Hi,

Have you replaced the idler wheel with a new one or just a used one?
You need to check out that motor with regards to wear on the top and bottom bearing, remove any old caked on oil and re oil, if the shaft is worn on the bottom or top then the motor is no good but by the sound of it with shorted windings it is not at its best.
If you were in Europe then there is a speed spring fitted to the motor shaft to alter it from your 60hz to our 50hz (these wear and need replacing).

The way we test for problems with speed is to put a record in play and hold the edge of the record, the turntable under the record should keep turning strongly, if it does not it is usually the idler wheel and linkage that is the problem.

Have you changed the three motor grommets? (part number 200-11501)

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK