Old June 9th 04, 06:54 PM
Earl Camembert

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:21:04 GMT, Earl Camembert
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 05:56:14 GMT, Ron Wilbanks
wrote:

During an interview last night with a former White House staff member
during the Reagan Administration, he mentioned that Ronald always had a
lot of pens on hand that he was fond of. Some of them were gifts from
foreign dignitaries and friends from all over the world.

I am curious, what kinds of pens did he mostly use and what kind of
fountain pen did he sign important bills and documents with? I think
somebody once commented on here that he did an advertisement for a pen
company in the 1940s?

Interestingly, I see that President Bush never uses a fountain pen,
preferring a rollerball or a ballpoint?

Ronald Reagan pen
http://www.hailtothechiefs.com/RRpen.jpg
Bill Clinton pen
http://www.hailtothechiefs.com/pen_19a.jpg
Nixon pen
http://www.hailtothechiefs.com/Nixon...20in%20Box.JPG
Bush the elder
http://www.hailtothechiefs.com/BUSHPEN.jpg
Bush the lesser
http://www.hailtothechiefs.com/GWBPensBox.jpg

When the Japanese signed the surrender aboard the Battle Ship Missouri
General MacAarthur use his own personal pen. An Orange Parker Duofold,
it was twenty years old at the time. Parker fairly recently made a
Limited Edition copy of 1945 unites. Get it one thousand nine hundred
and forty five.

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/i...01/ac04627.jpg
Notice the General does not take his eye off his pen.
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/i...00/g332701.jpg
now that is class. I still have not gotten that pen in my collection.

"1945 - Parker pens are used to sign the agreement that surrenders the
German and Italian forces in Northwest Italy.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower uses his Parker 51 to sign the Armistice
that ends World War II on the European front, and aboard the USS
Missouri in Tokyo Bay, General Douglas MacArthur uses his own
20-year-old Parker Duofold to sign the surrender document that ends
World War II in the Pacific."