Old March 12th 04, 03:14 PM
Richard Schumacher

Aladdin Sane wrote:

Sounds like you have a 1936 "Republican" Nickle. Promises you a dime
but in the end is only worth a penny.

Now Mom hands me a small sack of old coins I had asked her
to hold that we both had forgotten about. Pretty
straightforward stuff until the sack reveals a coin, looks
like its somehow clad 2 coins together, the face is a 1936
Lincoln penny head, the reverse is a reverse of a dime of
that era. I have no recollection of this coin at all. An
examination of the edge clearly shows 2 distinctly different
metals. It also has a hollow sound to it when dropped on a
glass table, as opposed to the ring of a penny or dime.

How very timely! Maybe I can have a few modern examples made...