Old August 29th 03, 07:57 PM
Bob Flaminio

Bruce Hickmott wrote:
I mailed a package of two items to them on July 18, a 1982 D
Washington commem and a 1843 original proof half cent. The 1982 had
very unattractive yellowish blotchy toning, the 1843 had blotchy,
uneven toning, very dark, on the obverse and reverse. Before photos
can be seen he

http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/GeoW25O.jpg
http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/GeoW25R.jpg
http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/1843O.JPG
http://home.woh.rr.com/boxturtle/1843R.JPG

If anyone needed to guess, I was Bruce's partner in crime with the 82-D
Washington. This coin started life in a PCI 69 slab, and has been passed
around to all the grading services. The progression:

PCI 69
ICG 66
PCGS 66
ANACS 67
NCS scrubbing - NGC 68

This is my one data point contribution to an analysis of the grading
services. Draw whatever conclusions you may like.

Thanks Bruce for helping me with my quest!

--
Bob