Old August 18th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
shreadvector

Default Odd $1 Note

On Aug 14, 10:53*am, SteveH wrote:
Found an odd $1 note today in circulation. It is a 2006 Series, but
the color is different than other 2006 issues, and you can see the
reverse printing from the front, and the front printing from the
reverse. I thought it was "bleeding", but when you pass another note
under it, you can almost read the serial numbers from the other note
through the bill. Does anyone here have a clue what I have here? I
have never seen anything like it.

Steve

Could it be a fake? Check the normal featuers found on a real $1 FRN:
Red and Blue silk threads in the linen paper that can be seen with the
eye or with a magnifying glass. No threads = fake.
Real US notes use an ink that has oil and never dries. Rub it hard on
a white paper and see if the ink smears. If not, it is a fake.