Old May 6th 04, 12:05 AM
JP

I had the same problem with an Aurora, about 3 pages,
and did the same thing with the piston fill to get it going again.

I sent it back and they replaced the nib, it is definitely a defect.
Knowing nothing I believe that it is a defect in the air return part
of the nib, ink flows out, air can't flow back, a vacuum is created that
stops the ink flow until the pen is "burped" using the piston.
No experience with Scheaffer but my experience with both
Waterman and Aurora has been excellent insofar as service.

Good luck.

JP

"morten" wrote in message
m...
Here's an annoying problem. I hope someone has an easy fix for me.
BTW I'm kicking myself for not finding this group years ago.

My daily workhorse is a perfectly adjusted (luck, not adjusting)
Sheaffer Prelude. Writes like a dream with a nice wet medium line -
for about three pages. Then, the flows starts to dry up, the colour
turns lighter, the nib scratches until about a page later when it
becomes a nail with no ink. At that point I have two choices. Either
let it rest for a day or so, which will bring it back to normal, or
twist the converter FORCING ink to the nib.

What's up with that? Is this normal, is there a fix? None of my
other Sheaffer's do that.

Thanks.

BTW - who's a reputable person to do tine adjustment on an older
Imperial that's become mis-aligned? How much will that cost?