Old September 15th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Default Chalk surface paper

Tim,

Swiss chalky paper:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~dziewon/fila/helv_ctg.htm

groetjes, Rein

Op Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:31:28 +0200 schreef Tim der Kinderen
:

On my stamps no silver wire scratches and no liquids are allowed, only
trained eye with 8-10x magnification and good ligth. The training can be
carried out comparing the appearance of two stamps where the coated
paper
is coupled with another property such as "papier grille"(sorry my english
fails) for instance the Swiss stamps Mi 194x-197x uncoated paper and Mi
194z-197z chalksurfaced paper which is also "papier grille". .
In this way coated and noncoated can be determined. If you realy want to
know if the coating is chalk use a stereo microscope 25x. and compare the
stamp in question with a stamp which surely is chalk coated.

Tim der Kinderen