Old April 26th 04, 04:22 PM
Fredrik Nordstr?m

It has been a while since i had my Javelin inked, but what i can
remember i haven't had any problem with ink getting ontop of the nib.
Even if it may have happened it hasn't been so frequent that i will
consider it an issue. One thing i have noticed though is that ink
sometimes stay on the pen body after removal of the posted cap. This
may be an issue since you, naturally, either have to wipe it clean or
get ink on your hand...

Best,
Fredrik

Prashant Singh wrote in message ...
What were the nib sizes (M, F, EF, etc.) for these pens?

I'm looking for something a little finer than my Sheaffer School F, but
of course I'd also like it to be smooth. I'm not sure if the Freeway even
comes in anything but medium, which may rule it out. Too bad, though. I
liked the way it looked.

My school pen has issues with ink getting onto the top of the nib. I
guess this is because the nib is not well polished. Does the Javelin have
any problems like that?

Thanks,
prashant.

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:37:04 -0500, Fredrik Nordström wrote:

I have tried both the Sheaffer Javelin (which I own) and the Rotring
Freeway (have owned) and my choice would be the Javelin. Both are nice
pens, but the Rotring is a bit scratchy and not at all as smooth as the
Javelin, which is smoother than your average pen in this price range.
The only downside with the Javelin may be that the pen isn't very comfy
to hold and write with when the cap is posted. Maybe this is just me,
but i never write with my Javelin's cap posted. My Javelin was the first
fountain pen i bought and it's still one of my favourites.

Hope this will help!

Best,
Fredrik