Old April 16th 05, 05:36 PM
Roger Smith

"amesh (Mette)" wrote in message
. ..
A collector has advised me that "Gibbons Stamp Monthly" January 2005
illustrates an Andersen stamp to be issued by Romania - it shows a portrait
of HCA with Disney's little mermaid. It is part of a set of six stamps of
famous people.

Having searched Stanley Gibbons New Issues
http://www.stanleygibbons.com/newissues/ (keywords "Romania 2005") I do
not see any such set or HCA-stamp mentioned.

Can anyone here confirm that this stamp is (to be) issued, and eventually
send me a scan of it?

Thanks in advance, and
--
Best regards
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)

Mette

Page 57 of the January GSM is in two columns. The first column is an
article entitled, "Romania looks to next year" and is based on a leaflet
produced by Romania Post, and the second column is a display advert from
what I assume might be the Romanian Postal Authority (web address given as
www.romfilatelia.ro) describing stamp issues in 2005.

The article summarises the proposed 2005 issues, and states, "The second
issue is a similar anniversaries set but this time features six famous
"foreigners", Hans Christian Anderson (sic), Greta Garbo, Henry Fond,
Christian Dior, Jules Verne and Al;bert Einstein." It had already said,
"The leaftlet does not give specific release dates".

The advert (probably a reproduction of the same leaflet) actually has a few
illustrations of the proposed issues, and indeed the Andersen stamp appears
to include the face of a cartoon character.

I have to say that the information on the website (in trhe English version
go to "Stamps", then "Stamp Calendar 2005" differs from that given by
Gibbons.

Regards, Roger