Old April 5th 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default Jeffrey L Foulk, 67, West Palm Bch?

Toke Nørby wrote:

I'm looking for a stamp collecter who is now about 67 years old
His name is Jeffrey L Foulk, probably living in West Palm Bch.

...snip

I found him! and wrote a snail mail letter to him and heard back from
him after 2 month. On my story about the Søllested-stamps I have a
picture of him from 1949 - six years old and he responded to my
inquiry about the Søllested-stamp in his collection - or rather the
collection his grandfather gave him. But Jeffrey told me:

"Until seeing your letter, I always thought that picture
of my Grandfather, and I, was merely a family photo. I recall when it
was taken, and realise now that it must have been a publicity photo to
do with the award. I still have the award, but have no recollection of
ever having seen the collection. It was my Grandfather's hobby, and
collection, which I assume he put in his first Grandson's name. When
he died, in 1965, none of his stamp collections were anywhere to be
found. What became of them has been an unsolved family mystery.
I am sorry not to be of more help. Let me know if there is anything
else I might be able to help with. It was a long time ago, and I was a
young boy.
Sincerely, Jeff Foulk."

So an obvious question is now: Do any of YOU know what happened to the
collection? :-)

Anyway I was amazed that I was able to locate the right person in one
shot!
--
Mvh Toke

Læs om Ejnar Olsen og Søllestedmærkerne