Old June 22nd 11, 01:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

Default WTB: Turntable motor for Rowe R81

On 6/17/2011 1:20 PM, Klickit wrote:

Well, i hooked the amp to a regular turntable to see if the sound went
away and it was still there. I pulled the front from the bottom of
the machine and found that both sub-woofers had the outer foam ring
disintegrated. Now I need a set of speakers. They are 25 ohm 10" so
may be a little hard to find. Found lots of 12" on Ebay but no 10's.
I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is worth it.
Bob

You don't need new speakers, lot's of places will repair yours for a lot
less than new ones, and you don't know the frequency response of the old
ones so you won't know what new ones to buy. It makes a huge
difference, always stick to the original speakers when possible. Even
if the cones are all torn apart they still rebuild them.

I just replaced the foam surrounds on a set, my first attempt myself,
and they turned out great. Lots of DIY foam kits on ebay.
Tony