Old November 17th 03, 07:27 PM
John Stone

"Alan D." wrote in message ...
Hello everyone;
Could anyone please tell me if there are (and if so which ones) any paper
money
bills with images of archaeological places for the following countries in
South and Central America:

1. Guatemala (image of Tikal)
2. Mexico (Chichenitza, Palenque or such)
3. Peru (Machu Picchu)

I'd greatly appreciate any information. Thank you.

Regards,

I have a Guatemala note with a Mayan stone carving and pyramid, not sure
if they are from Tikal or not. Mexico has several notes with Aztec buildings
and pyramids but I'm not sure if they are the ones you mentioned.

Not sure about Peru but I would be surprised if they did not have Machu Picchu
on one of their notes. It is what the nation is most famous for.

I would try to look at a Standard Catalog of Paper Money (for world issues, not
US) at a local Barnes and Noble (they usually carry them in the hobby section).