Old March 9th 04, 06:28 PM
Tony Miklos

mike wrote:
need two preferably unbroken backplates. The current ones I have are in
several pieces and will look like crap repaired
email me if you can hook me up

Mike, back before decent repro mech covers were available, I've seen
covers that were in 5-6 or more pieces put together using auto body
techniques. This guy used fiberglass mesh for strength to repair the
inside, and on the outside simply ground away a little bakelite at the
cracks, then fill with bondo/sand/bondo/sand/bondo/sand. Granted it
took a lot of hours, but after a paint job, you never would have known
it was ever broken.

What I'm getting at is for a simple piece like the back of a speaker, a
near perfect repair should be fairly easy for someone with the skills.
Have any freinds in the auto body biz?

--
Tony