Old July 15th 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order,rec.collecting.paper-money,alt.conspiracy,uk.finance,uk.legal
Dave

Default All banknotes to have a 2D barcode?

John Boyle wrote:
In message .com, Dave
writes
So if I got 5K in cash to buy a car at an auction, got the serial
numbers, and was robbed, if the money turned up at a bank 3 months
later I would have lost ownership?

In many respect bank notes are like bills of exchange in which title
passes by delivery. A subsequent holder of the note would obtain good
title especially if he had given value for it.
This doesn't seem right,

My point was that the title may have been obtained illegally (e.g.
street robbery), so the original holder should retain title. It sounds
like an essay for a law student.