Old July 15th 06, 04:24 PM posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order,rec.collecting.paper-money,alt.conspiracy,uk.finance,uk.legal
Dave

Default All banknotes to have a 2D barcode?

GB wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...

GB wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

In principle, there is nothing to stop you writing down the serial nos of
all your bank notes in case they are stolen. Nobody does, though. Whilst
bar codes would make it easier, I am sure that OCR technology can easily
cope with reading existing serial nos.

Making up a serial number is a whole load easier, as far as I know,
than forging a signed, encrypted barcode. The post is also about
forgery.

Oh, I'm sorry, I see what you mean now. Something like a 400 digit bar code,
with a digital signature. At standard bar code sizes, 400 digits would take
up the whole note, but I guess that could be got around.

Apparently PDF417 can store 500 characters per square inch (I'm not an
expert in this area, though)