Old March 19th 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rod222

Default Monaco on French Colony.

Yes of course, see Chris, I was correct! (wink)
this is advanced philately, that is, beyond the catalogue.

"Droger Jean-Paul" wrote in message

SG shows the 25c bistre on yellow, wherever cancelled, only for Type
II ("N under U"), and but if Rodney has Type I ("N under B"), ...!

in France too, it exist only one type of 25c bistre on yellow and it is
type II, the value comes not from stamp but only from cancellation!!

BTW, despite the title of this thread, the stamp is of France proper,
_not_ French Colonies, which would be imperf.

Yes, but for for French Post offices abroad (in foreign countries) the
"France proper" stamps , that is to say perforated stamps have been used,
I have some from Turquey French Post offices, Egyt also!; you can also
found such stamps with colonies cancellations, that are rarities, I have
not one in my collection!

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par wanadoo;
to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama with