Old May 14th 04, 06:59 PM
Bob Flaminio

Bill Krummel wrote:
Well, I've been buying and selling on eBay for nearly five years, and
haven't gotten cheated yet.

But perhaps soon... I'm currently in the midst of a transaction going
awry. I've gotten both the "wife of 25 years just left me" and "been
in the hospital for a week" excuses. Two months now, still no coin.
If anyone wants to check out the auction, here it is:

The only good thing about this -- he already left me positive FB. I'm
working up a big honkin' neg for him if I don't see my coin or my
money soon...

I notice that three fbs have been left from buyers who have received
their winnings, and all three auctions ended several weeks after the
auction ended that you won. The seller has been an eBay member
since 1998, with 323 pos fb and one neg, the neg from a seller in a
dispute over methodology of a coin return. Funny, Bob, the most
recent fb your seller has left is a neg on another seller who has not
delivered merchandise that is paid for.

I am perplexed that you have not received your coin or a refund
because the seller looks too solid for you to have this situation.
No way to know if your seller is related to AH, is there?

It's a mystery to me as well. I don't think he's related to AH --
otherwise, he wouldn't've already left me a positive FB. His record is
pretty much spotless, as is his past history -- certainly I checked all
this out before even bidding. Yet his emails to me have been sporadic
and cryptic. Maybe I found the one eBay seller whose wife really *did*
leave him, and who really *did* go into the hospital when he was
supposed to be processing my order.

--
Bob