Old April 30th 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_11_]

Default Miniature Sheet...MNH or not MNH?...

? "Tony Clayton" ?????? ??? ??????
As a general rule CTO sheets are worth less than postally used and mint
unfranked.

Most (but not all) collectors consider postal use important, or at least
properly cancelled in the normal manner by the postal services. In other
words, if a sheet has been used in the mail, then that is best. Favour
cancelled, such as when I ask the postmaster to cancel some stamps that I
have bought, is next best (and for many high value stamps this may be by
far the majority of used stamps that are available), but most serious
collectors consider true CTO stamps (where the cancel has been applied at
the printers) as the lowest of the low. Many East German stamps are
almost worthless with printed cancels.

Thanks Tony, nice people here explained it to me;-)
But I've already purchased the CTO set because I was engaged to buy it
before noticing the CTO stamps (even if the seller misrepresented it in his
description...) but I'll try to replace it asap.
BTW, nice to see more coin collectors interested in stamps, too;-)

rgrds

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html