Old June 14th 06, 12:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Seeking opinions onthe Namiki "Falcon"

"Gordon Mattingly" wrote in message
I am considering the purchase of a Namiki Falcon. I am specifically
interested in the flexibility of the nib. I prefer a fine. Does anyone out
there have experience with this pen? I own a vanishing point which has
become a favorite pocket pen of mine so I'm already sold on Pilot/Namiki

as
a quality manufacturer. Your opinions, please.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon Mattingly

Yes, the Falcon is one of my favorites because the variable line makes my
handwriting look much nicer. I got a fine because of the way the line looks,
then about a year after, I got a medium because it was sooo smoooth when I
first tried them. I just couldn't get it out of my mind.

Later, I got another fine ... then another medium. Can you say, "addict"?
sigh

I keep Noodler's Black and Legal Lapis w/a few drops of Black in the fines
for serious writing and a mix of Sheaffer's and Montblanc turquoise in the
first medium. That one is a wetter writer and I don't like Sheaffer in it by
itself, but the MB alone is too dry for my taste. Before Noodler's, I used
Parker, Pelikan, Private Reserve, and Sheaffer inks in the fines. The second
medium is more like the fines as far as inks go and I was using a box of
blue Namiki cartridges for it, but currently have it rinsed and stored
because I prefer fine nibs and have a slew of fine rOtring Cores for
different colored inks.

They do write differently, fine vs. fine vs. medium vs. medium, so I
recommend dipping with the ink you're likely to be using the most often
unless the sometime subtle differences don't mean that much to you.

I also have a VP as my carry-around pen. While the VP is a very easy pen for
me to use, the Falcon is lighter and subsequently more comfortable. Because
of the variable line, the fine Falcon is able to write a thinner line than
the fine VP.

HTH.

--
~~Bluesea~~ Hooked.