Old May 9th 11, 05:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default Rockola CD-8B amplifier problem

burnedfingers wrote:
I have a amplifier that is crackling in my 2003 Rockola Bubbler CD-8B.
It has an "orange" electronics set in it with a 70038-A amplifier
assembly in it I believe. Can I replace this with a "RED" 70002-A
amplifier so that I can repair the original amplifier?

Does someone have an extra "orange" amplifier they would sell?

It may not be the amplifier - try first unplugging the CD inputs to the
amp when you are hearing the crackling. If the noise goes away then the
problem is in the CD decoder board or CD player itself.

Next, assuming the player is a CD-Pro or CDM-12, you can unplug the
audio output from the side of the CD player (labeled 'audio' - a 4 pin
plug) to verify if the noise is generated in the player or
interconnecting PCB or cable.

Replacement players are readily available if that is determined to be
the problem (and cleaning the lens doesn't help)...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com