Old December 10th 07, 03:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Keith M

Default Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas To All

On Dec 8, 7:57 pm, frschoonover wrote:
Dear Fellow 8-Track Enthusiasts

How is everybody doing tonight?I hope that everybody is doing great
tonight.

How are the holidays going for all of you,so far?They have been going
great for me at the moment.I have gotten my shopping almost done.I
only have to get a few more things and that is all.

What is everyone doing to get in the holiday mood?I'll tell you all
what I have been doing.

Last night,I was writing out a whole bunch of Christmas cards in my
bedroom and I was listening to some of my holiday 8 Tracks while I did
this to eliminate boredom.The 8 Tracks that I was listening to were as
follows:

Merry Christmas From Brenda Lee

Tammy Wynette:Christmas With Tammy

Charley Pride:Christmas In My Home Town

Lawrence Welk:The Christmas Song

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir Sings Christmas Carols

With the exception of the Charley Pride cart,the other carts were
given to me by friends of mine over the years and I just thought that
I would give them a whirl.I played them on the old Bradford 8-Track
player that I hooked up to my Crosley Nostalgic Styled Stereo with
built in turntable,radio,cassette player and CD player/recorder.The
carts sounded great with no annoying cross talk from the other
programs.The only drawback was there was a buzz from the tape player
in itself.But I still enjoyed listening to them while I wrote out the
Christmas cards.

The Charley Pride cart I have was one that I bought at a Salvation
Army thrift shop years ago with a whole bunch of other Charley Pride
carts that were actually in new condition and still played great.

Aside from that,I also watched on DVD,Frosty The Snowman and Frosty
Returns.Though they were on TV last night on CBS,I watched them on DVD
so I would not get any commercials while watching them.

I want to wish all of you in here a very Merry Christmas and the very
best holiday season this year.

I also hope that everyone in here has a wonderful evening.Sincerely
Frank R.Schoonover

Happy Holiday Frank
What no Bobby Helms or Dolly. I was playing my Chipmunk Xmas tape for
my Grand kid on my 2XL today . What's Santa's number one Christmas 8
track? Don Ho Ho Ho