Old December 22nd 03, 04:12 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article ,
(Ken G.) wrote:

The only Wurlitzer i have touched is a 1250 that plays 45`s this has
got to be the best on handling records they sit in the trays and dont
scrape anything .

Except they may still be spinning on the way down

Seeburgs are good when they're adjusted right. The bike chain AMI's can
be quite good - I've adjusted my F so tht when it's withdrawing the
record, it doesn't touch the sides of the rack AT ALL. Oh yes, and the
record should NOT touch the turntable until it's released. Done that
way, they're actually quite gentle (moreso than the later mechs)

I'd say the Wurlitzer 1700 series and such are probbably the best at
record handling, as long as they don't hang up and throw them