Old December 21st 03, 08:26 PM
Ken G.

Interesting topic! I have only worked on seeburgs and one Wurlitzer
dating from 1965 and older .
As for mech & record treatment the seeburgs are very good although the
record does wipe against the record rack to some degree each time it
goes in & out
as for needle ware it depends on the cartridge you use . The red head is
real hard on records .

The only Wurlitzer i have touched is a 1250 that plays 45`s this has
got to be the best on handling records they sit in the trays and dont
scrape anything .
The cartridge in this is a cobra and the tone arm can be adjusted for
tracking pressure . Good new sharp needles are a must in these .

As for sound quality i agree its what YOU like . I am not interested in
heavy bass anymore . I own a seeburg G and the Wurlitzer 1250 .
Depending on the age of records they both sound real good . most used
50`s music records lack heavr bass . If i use 70`s records the bass is
heavy .

The best sounding juke i owned was the seeburg PAFUE or something like
that with the ``disco`` theme & blue pictures . very heavy bass and nice
all around sound .