Old December 20th 03, 09:50 PM
Jjmscf

"Oye Como Va" came out in 1971.I have the Columbia Hall of Fame 45 with "Black
Magic Woman" on the other side.Both sides get played frquently.The L.P. was
"Abraxis".You know if I select b side first and a side last with no other
records selected it's the same order as the album except for the gap to wait
for the Rockola to cycle to the other side.On the album "Black Magic Woman"
goes right into "Oye Como Va"
Won't Cobra's ruin stereo records?
My problem is I'm not lucky enough to have all original mono records from the
50's in there.Even if the recording's mono most reissues are the delicate newer
vinyl with narrower grooves that can't handle the heavy tracking pressure and
low compliance of a Cobra.The tone seemed ok but I heard a distortion like worn
records when playing brand new reissue records and after a few plays they had
white dust on them,a sure sign they were wearing down fast.Tried 3 different
Cobras,still it seemed to be ruining the newer records.The records when tried
on my stereo or Rockola had the same distortion confirming this.(In case your
asking I checked tonearm balance and pressure).I just opted out of the Cobra
and went ceramic.It's got decent sound this way and the new 45s are happy in
there just the Rockola seems to have more powerful bass and better highs.Of
course the 2150 doesn't have a tweeter.I found one from a 2104 I'm going to put
in there as soon as I have it reconed.Maybe my woofers need redoing too.