Old August 13th 03, 02:24 PM
Mark

That confuses me even more. The sticker on the mech in the machine
says it is for the ES III/ ES IV. The scan switch does make the
carriage move though, which I wouldn't think it would do if it was
using AC instead of DC. There are two mech's on ebay that I have been
staring at the pictures of, but they don't mention what machine they
came out of.

Thanks,
Mark

"Merlin Amusements" wrote in message . com...
The ES160 mech works on AC voltage and the ESII works on DC voltage. The
scan switch didn't use optics until the ESIII system came out. I don't have
a mech laying around right now, but if I find one, I'll snap a pic. The
switch you are looking for is similar on both models.
Mike

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I recently bought a Prestige ES160, the manual I have unfortunately is
for an es II 160. They seem to be almost identical, but I'm not sure.