Old November 2nd 04, 01:12 PM
Lynne Stewart

Funny thing is, this never touch our cards mentality (which I have as well,
by the way)
will likely keep our cards from being all that valuable in the future The
stuff from a few decades ago are rarer cause they were stored in rubber
bands, in attics, on biles, used in notebooks....!!!

"BH" wrote in message
news1Dhd.4554$RA4.1074@trnddc06...
Hi Lynne,

I store my cards in a variety of ways. Most all my commons get stored in
5,000 count boxes. Complete sets get stored in plastic boxes (at least
all the ones that I am keeping, the rest also get stored in boxes). Chase
are split: More common chase get stored in plastic pages in binders.
More rare chase get stored in top loaders. Then all of them are stored in
a metal storage locker in my garage. Its cool in their all year long and
I don't have to worry about sun damage. The only thing I have found that
was bad for cards was handling them. I try to do as little as possible of
that.

Barry

Lynne Stewart wrote:

How does everyone keep their cards safe?
Do you consider the lifespan of pages to be an issue? I swapped out all my
pages about 5 years or so aga as I was worried about the quality. Wonder
if I should swap out again soemtime so they don't cause age issues.
Anyone lose a good card to sun fading?
Anyone find something that was BAD for cards (I lost cards to 3-ring
binder dents)?
Do you like cards in binders or protected in toploaders? or Snapdowns?
Which binder gets grabbed in a fire?