Old April 3rd 12, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Evaluation of Philatelic Websites Revisited

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
On 4/1/2012 11:29 PM, Victor Manta wrote:

http://www.pwmo.org/IPHLA/12-evaluation-websites.htm

Your feedback is welcomed.

Interesting that you write about yourself in the third person - is
this the 'royal we' creeping out?

It depends on the context. When I speak about the author, it is in the third
person. When I recommend something, I use the first person. And as a speaker
for an organization I write "we at PWO". Haven't found a better way.

Additionally, while I understand that English is not your base
language, you should have the page checked for grammar.

The page was checked (automatically) twice. If this article will be one day
printed, it will be carefully proof-checked by a knowledgeable person.

Run it through MS Word and most of the major errors of tense, etc.
should be caught.

This is an illusion. If you know well enough a foreign language, Sir, give
your own advice a try, and I assure you that you won't be happy...

BTW, the original of the article was written in MS Word. Of course all
mistakes are mine and I assume them entirely.

Interestingly enough, with all due respect, I noticed that some stamp
collectors on the _French_ philatelic ng had much more to say than you about
the contents of my article (no translation being provided). Ce n'est pas
rien.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/