Old March 1st 19, 01:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default ROCK-OLA 494

On 2019/02/28 2:57 p.m., wrote:
John thanks I found it earlier. I have another problem on this 494 I just finished up. The sound is very tinny. like it's out of phase or something. Like very high distorted treble. I tried different speakers with no change. Replaced the needle with a new good Shure. What are your thoughts on the cartridge being bad? It's wired correctly. If that's not the problem then the amp is going to need re-built. Your thoughts? Thanks!

I believe that is a magnetic cartridge and thus is very unlikely to go
bad. As long as the stylus is the correct one for your cartridge then
chances are the amp is needing a recap.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com