Old December 30th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Thanks to Tom Chao, stonej, Arizona

wrote in message
On Dec 30, 3:27?pm, "mazorj" wrote:
Your posts are one of the few reliable sources of actual numismatic
information here, so keep it up. ?I don't check every link but the
ones that do catch my eye always are worth the time to check them
out.
mazorj

Hear hear! I'm still trying to figure out how he does it. He's
mined

some very esoteric stuff, day in and day out.

At work we have a standing Google search using a few keyword terms.
We get 10-20 news and blog items a day. The real work if you have a
good Web crawler or two fetching their finds is screening and
categorizing them all. Not that I ever would want to trivialize our
posters' efforts. I know how tedious and time-consuming that task can
be. Add to that a routine of checking online sources not covered by
your search service (such as numismatic websites) and it all adds up
to a labor of love.