Old December 4th 03, 05:09 PM
Barney

(Anka Z) wrote in
m:

I'd rather carry a wad of dollar bills (filthy, bacteria-infested rags
as they are) in my purse than an equal (total) amount of coins.
Believe it or not, those halves and dollar coins are heavy! It's bad
enough carrying a few dollars' worth of quarters. Don't you guys have
a problem with this... all that heavy change banging around in your
pants pockets, weighing you down?

Did you know that 100 cents = a dollar? Or that 40 quarters = 10 dollars?
So why is it that most people don't carry 40 quarters or 100 cents? Why
would anyone start carrying around 20 or more one dollar coins if the paper
bill was no longer being made? Human nature tells me that people would
handle and treat the dollar coin like any other coin.

Barney