Old March 23rd 07, 12:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
LarryW[_3_]

Default Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

"BL" wrote in message

Hi Larry,
Perhaps there's a unit of measure of which I'm not aware (the "m"

you refer
to above), but 1 cc is equal to 1 ml.

I don't know what the "m" unit is either.17 of them equal 1cc.

... With a loop, I noticed that the tines are
not symetrical as they should be. One tine is
slighly narrower and shorter than the other.
It tends to resemble an oblique slightly.

I went into nibs.com and followed advice and got both tines to line up
together. The pen now writes as smoothy as any other. I figured if I
messed it up, I could still send the mistake back and get a free
replacement. I'm surprised what little effort it took on my part to
get it sorted out. Tine was the same size after getting it
straighened!

Well, you definitely should see ink when you look into the ink-view

window.
In fact, the entire window should appear black when the pen is

filled. If
you tip the pen, you may see an air bubble in there, but that's

normal. When
you fill the pen, make sure you submerse the entire nib.... In fact,
submerse it far enough to cover about a third of the section as

well.

I'm afraid I'll never see more than 1/4 of the window (if that much.)

I don't know how many pages you should be able to write with a fill,

but a
single fill of one of my 400s will last me days and I write a lot

(many
pages of notes per day). -- B

I haven't decided whether or not to return pen for that reason by
itself. It may in fact be engineered that way. If this is the case, I
wonder if it isn't a flaw.
It has good flow and it glides like butter across the page. This makes
me very satisfied. -LarryW