Old March 19th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
LarryW[_3_]

Default Pelikan M1000 - How many drops does your barrel hold?

"Paul G" wrote in message
again...remember you're filling the feed as well
this is normal

Paul, I have both Broad and Medium Oblique nibs. Using the Oblique
nib, I get between 16 and 20 large drops of h2O depending how fast I
draw the fluid in. I'm guessing my pen performs within a "normal
range." I think I "jumped the gun" with my concern about ink volumes.
I most certainly should be concerned more about other issues such as
scratchiness. Thank you all for all the help that was most
appreciated.
-LarryW

"LarryW" wrote in message

"Stephen Hust" wrote in message
"j. fabian" wrote:

That being said, I have a Pelikan M1000 with an Oblique Medium
nib. After filling it with _water_ (it isn't in my current
rotation), it produces 15 very large drops. "Very large" is not
an exact quantity. I have never thought it lacking in capacity.

Does your pen fill all the way up on the first try, or do you

have
to repeat the filling process once or twice (keeping the nib and
part of the section submerged in the ink)?

--
Steve

The 1000 never fills all the way, 1st, second or even 3rd try. I

have
even submerged the pen beyond the nib. I think that slightly less

that
1/4 of the capacity is filled. I can just see the ink against a

bright
light slosh back and forth.
--LarryW