Old May 6th 04, 11:35 AM
Michael Wright

Thore Karlsen wrote:

(about italic handwriting)

Any ideas on how to learn that? I really need to improve my handwriting.
:/

Well, I learned from a Teach Yourself series handbook, but that
was more than 40 years ago :-(

The current boss of handwriting instruction in the UK seems to
be Rosemary Sassoon, and her _Teach Yourself Better Handwriting_
goes for about US$10 on Amazon.

I assume that italic hands are constant across Europe, and don't
have the kind of national variations that cursives show.

You really want a straight-cut nib to learn, so it's a good
excuse to get a calligraphy pen. Get the narrowest calligraphy
nib, if what you want to do is to learn a practical hand for
everyday use. Italic uses the width difference in the nib, and
the shape of the nib will really guide your hand in making the
strokes the right shape.

Good luck

Michael