Old March 23rd 19, 03:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default Wurlitzer 2500 - Spindle (?) keeps turning

On 2019/03/23 5:20 a.m., wrote:
Hello, I'm not at all a mechanics-technical expert (even far from), so let me try to explain the issue I'm having with my Wurlitzer 2500 juke box.
Whenever I power it on, the spindle (as I call it: the "thing" on which the record is placed for playing) starts turning, doesn't stop and nothing else happens.
Anybody got any clue what the reason may be?
By the way, I do have the service manual, but my technical english is poor enough in order not to understand the full meaning/implications of a problem description.
Thanks in advance for any advise.
Cheers, Dirk Roels

Hi Dirk,

If your turntable is always turning, and the record carousel is
stationary and with the record lift arms both down (with no record or
empty record on the turntable - try pressing the Cancel Button first)
then a suspect is a stuck contact on the Over-Ride Relay located in the
amplifier (as I recall). Make sure the contacts close and open as the
relay armature is pushed down and released - I suspect one pair is stuck
closed.

Of course do this with the machine disconnected from the Mains! (Zap...)

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com