Old December 3rd 05, 05:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Pen Quiz Saturday Dec 3 at NOON Eastern US time - WIN a Sheaffer Intrigue Bright Metal Ballpoint!

Pen Quiz on FPN - We have a winner!

Maja won the Pen Quiz today with the complete answer, but Jeff got the
ball rolling by correctly identifying the pen as an EVT.

Here's the story behind "A Sheaffer Surprise":

When we got our shipment of these pens, we were surprised that we could
not figure out how to open them or what refills went in them, so I
called Michele in Sheaffer service to ask. She told me she did not know
what product I was talking about when I said "EVT", as she had never
seen one and they weren't made in Fort Madison.

She got one from marketing and opened it up and said, "That's funny,
the refill says "Ballograf."

I opened mine and the refill, a Parker type, said "SHEAFFER." I asked,
"When did Sheaffer start selling Parker style refills?"

Michele said, "I don't know!"

So I called my Sheaffer rep. He didn't know either!

Sheaffer is going to start delivering them with the K type refill,
which will fit. So those Parker style refills are going to be rare!

THANKS and Congrats to Maja and all who played!

Here's what the EVY looks like:

http://www.PenHero.com/Temp/SheafferBPQuiz08.jpg

Cheers,

Jim Mamoulides