Old March 15th 07, 03:49 AM posted to misc.invest.misc,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money,24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.econ
KnowledgeSeeker

Default Least valuable currency

On Mar 14, 8:23 pm, "RF" wrote:
On Mar 14, 3:48 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"KnowledgeSeeker" wrote in message

oups.com...

Where can I find a list of the countries with the least valuable
currency? I am NOT looking for a place to do foreign exchange trading
to create fabulous wealth. So, please do not spam me. I am working
on a project that is, well... not commercial. So, I am looking for an
easy to use source of data. Thanks.

Some of the components of what used to be Yugoslavia have undergone
reductions so drastic that it almost takes scientific notation (as in ten to
the minus x) to express them. Argentina, Brazil, Israel, and no doubt
others have experienced the same thing. Many Latin American countries have
given up entirely and now deem the U.S. dollar fit for their monetary

back in the mid-1980s Brazil was going thru a period of hyperinflation
and the cruzado was worth about 1/100 of a cent. Plus they had coins
that were fractions of a cruzado! Needless to say the coins were worth
more as metal (aluminum alloy) than cash. People would just throw the
coins away in the street and even the poorest people wouldn't pick
them up!
Living in a country during a hyperinflation is an interesting
experience, to say the least. Prices changed daily, sometimes hourly
as the people sought to unload their worthless currency.

Interesting. Thanks. Can you get me any closer to an answer to the
original question?