Old December 19th 03, 09:39 PM
Kris Baker

"Jme" wrote in message
om...

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

"Jme" wrote in message
om...
Can someone please tell me who makes porcelain plates
with a small crown logo, under that the letters "PM",
and the words "Made in Germany"? This
particular plate has a number under all of that, a large 2

Thanks for the info.

Nothing in my "marks book" comes close to that
description (Kovel's, 1986). There are two "PM"
marks, but they consist solely of block letters and
no other decoration.

Kris

Here are lnks to images. I hope this helps, but even if not, thanks for
trying.

http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1296.jpg
http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1297.jpg
http://bvstuff.moltenimages.net/images/000_1297a.jpg

Well...we know they're not antique, and likely from the late
1940s or early 1950s (style, foil tag saying Germany East
added to the stamped mark, etc).

It's not a plate, but a decorative wall plaque. The center
design is a decal; the black glaze and gold would have
been (most likely) applied as "cold paint" after the piece
was fired.

Kris