Old March 20th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
CASACUDOR

Default Please help for identify the 50pf Bavaria Bayern stamp.

On Mar 19, 3:08*pm, "Gerhard Reichert"
wrote:
"Peter Baumann" schrieb im ...

John Mycroft schrieb:
Hi, Anton

It's hard to judge the colour from the picture but Michel lists at least
4 with different colours / watermarks:-

Mi 42 dark grey-red = $60
Mi 52 dark orange brown $180
Mi 59 blackish yellow brown $75
Mi 63 lilac brown - brown purple 40 cents

These are mint hinged prices.

Cheers - John
CASACUDOR wrote:
http://casacudor.googlepages.com/50pf

Michel cat. no.? and estimated value on the market. I do not find on
internet in MNH condition.

thanks,
Anton

comparing with my examples of these stamps, it is the Mi 63.
very common stamp, about 1 Euro for MUH/MNH.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

Hello from Bavaria,

first of all we need the watermark for it.

Michel # 42 has watermark # 2 , means horizontal wavelines (one wave over
the whole stamp, with only one "hill and valley")

Michel # 52 has watermark # 3 , means vertikal wavelines (with two to three
"hills and valleys")

Michel # 59 and 63 has watermark # 4 , means horizontal waves (with two to
three "hills and valleys")

As Peter wrote, # 59 is darkbrown, # 63 is lilacbrown, both numbers known on
redish paper (more expensive) and on white paper (very cheap).

kind regards

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard and many thanks for answer-
How it is explained that on the internet is very hard to find a Mint
example of any of these 4 variants?
Anton